Savoury Lamb Breakfast Mince
- 500g lamb mince
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- ½ tsp of coriander seeds, ground
- ½ tsp of cumin seeds
- ½ tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of lemon rind, grated
- 1 cup of beef stock
- Cracked pepper and sea salt to taste
- Brown the mince along with the garlic and onion in a frying pan until cooked. Set aside in a separate dish and drain away any remaining oil from the mince.
- Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the pan and add the tomato.
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes, stirring continuously until it starts to soften and break down, then add the celery and zucchini and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked mince to the vegetables in the pan along with the spices and lemon rind. Cook for approximately 2 minutes then add the stock. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until all the vegetables have cooked and the flavours have developed.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as required.