Many people want to lose body fat simply to look good, however having a high percentage of body fat is known to be one of the most serious causes of ill health. Elevated fat mass also increases the frequency of muscular aches and pains, and reduces energy production causing fatigue.
Your Practitioner can help you to stay focussed throughout your journey, as well as make it a fun experience. They can help you to:
- Set clear, achievable goals.
- Complete an individual analysis of your body composition.
- Monitor your progress.
Some good reasons to lose body fat are:
- Looking good means feeling great! Excess body fat can affect your self-esteem. Meeting a challenge, improving your health and looking better can improve your sense of accomplishment and health in countless ways. You can do it!
- Improved energy levels. Overweight and obese people have much less energy than people who have a healthy body weight. More energy means more vitality.
- Reduced risk of developing many chronic diseases. Being overweight dramatically increases your risk of developing a number of chronic diseases. Losing weight and keeping it off improves your long term health!
- Healthy ageing. Obesity is related to unhealthy, premature ageing. Consider fat loss a type of 'life insurance'.
- You can empower yourself. Losing body fat is an incredibly powerful experience. You are actualising something that only you have the power to do and only you will truly experience the personal reward.
Think about what your personal goals are for losing weight. Do you have the same goals as this list? Do you have more? Or different goals? Write down your goals and refer to them regularly to keep you motivated. You can also ask your Practitioner for tips on how to work towards and achieve each goal.
The perfect place to start is in your Shake It Program Guide. Here, you can record your primary goal to refer to for motivation while on the program.
During the program, you may have smaller or weekly goals you would like to achieve progressively. An excellent support tool is your Shake It Health Journal, filled with sections to record these goals with motivational tips to help you achieve success!