Tuna Treasure Salad
- 1 tsp of sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- ½ palm-sized portion of tuna, tinned in brine or spring water
- 1 egg
- Cracked pepper to taste
- 3 handfuls of mixed shredded lettuce, celery, shallots, parsley, and thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp of fresh herbs
- Toast sesame seeds in a pan until lightly browned, put aside to cool.
- Add olive oil to a non-stick frying pan. Break up tuna in a small mixing bowl. Mix with raw egg and black pepper.
- Cook tuna mix over moderate heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Stir frequently, breaking up larger clumps until light golden brown and flaky. Set aside to cool.
- Add salad and vegetables to salad bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, add lemon juice and fresh herbs. Gently toss cooled flaky tuna and egg mixture into salad and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.